Dynamo for replacing structural ifc elements for Revit structural elemnts

Guys, I’m new at Dynamo, in fact, I don’t know anything about it. But the things is, I have a structure on CYPE 3D and I want to send this project to REVIT, but the IFC file doesn’t allow me to make changes to it. So the question is, there’s a way to replace CYPE structure elements for REVIT structure elements using Dynamo? I just wanna know if it’s possible to do it, because if it is, I’m interested in learning how to do it. Thanks guys!

(Image: CYPE 3D Structure)

1 Like

Hello, welcome to the community

i believe this is a “mapping” problem, and should be solved using Revit …
refer to autodesk ifc manual: 180213_IFC_Handbuch.pdf (autodesk.net)

cheers

1 Like

It seems possible.
Location lines of Structure Framings can be found, and you can find each section profiles by geometrical way then get numbers for parameters from them.
For Columns, there is no way to find location lines. But you can find location lines(or points)
and profiles by geometrical way.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply! I’ve checked your file about Mapping, but I don’t know how this could help me. So I’ve searched on YouTube “Mapping IFC elements for replacing them by Revit elements” and I got a video showing a supplement for Revit that does the job. And it was exactly what I wanted. For those who wants to know more about it, here’s the video link: Revit-CYPE Interoperability: converting IFC to native formats - YouTube

1 Like

Thank your very much for trying to help me, appreciate it! But this is so advanced for me and I couldn’t understand. But I’ll start to learn about Dynamo and come back later, thank you anyway.

Hi There,

Does this plugin work for steel structure?

Did you figure out how to do it with dynamo?

Thanks