Dynamo for Civil 3D development

Hi Paolo, thanks, yeah it was an outdated version of Dynamo, now it is showing in the 2.4 version :slight_smile:

just noticed that latest CivilConnection doesn’t work for C3D/Revit 2021.

also, BaselineRegion.Shapes node will run infinitely, any reason or fix?

BaselineRegion.Shapes issue is solved after i installed CivilPython properly but i still cannot run CivilApplication node on Revit 2021 w/ C3D 2021 opened.

can anyone (Paolo perhaps?) confirm that latest CivilConnection2020 can only run on 2020? i noticed that CivilConnection source codes available which is 2020 version, do we have to recompile it w/ 2021 DLLs?

yes, you can find the release for 2021 on GitHub here: https://github.com/Autodesk/civilconnection/tree/master/Compiled/2021

Hi guys.

I cannot run CivilConnection 2021 package in Dynamo inside Revit, even though I think I installed it properly. I used 2020 version sucessfully, so I know how it should look like.

Take a look on the screenshots, please.

@MaciejM.RSRG did you unblock the .dlls in the package (you can do this unblocking the Zip file when you download from GitHub), instructions are in the manual.

Good day!
Dear @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 ! Dear developers!
I ask you to implement the ability to create “Saves a new view and manages its properties.” with the ability to define the “[View Manager]” properties -

• Visual Style,
    -Camera X,
  • Camera Y;
  • Camera Z;
  • Target X;
  • Target Y;
    -Target Z;
    -Roll angle;
  • Height;
  • Width;
  • Perspective;
  • Lens Length (mm);
  • Field of View.
    With the subsequent export of the view in png, pdf format.

In Dynamo for Revit
There is such a function - node View.ExportAsImage

Hi @ericmottmac, I would suggest to post specific questions as this one outside of this thread for more visibility and because your demand doesn’t really concern the discussion in this thread. For alignments, you will firs need to create the alignment using a place holder node in dynamo for example. Afterwards, as you said, try the alignment entities nodes that do not require a previous entity (eg AddFixedLine witth inputs only as alignment, start, end) .

2 Likes

Hi David, thanks a lot for the reply. Sorry for didn’t post on the right thread. will find the more appropriate one to post my questions.