Dynamo crashes all the time and closes both Dynamo and Revit

Hello guys,
I’m using dynamo via remote access (I’m in Italy, the computer in Brazil) and whenever the internet on either side has instability Dynamo and Revit closes (and this happens often, imagine the necessary patience) . In addition to changing internet operator, is there anything I can do about it?

Thank you very much :pray:

1 Like

I would check to see why Revit is crashing by reviewing the Details of the journal from a crashed session as a first step.

In Dynamo the error says:
"Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at MonocleViewExtension.Align.AlignViewModel.AddAlignCommands(DynamoView view)
at MonocleViewExtension.MonocleViewExtension.DynamoMenuOnLoaded(Object sender2, RoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(DependencyObject root, RoutedEvent routedEvent)
at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoadedEvent(Object root)
at MS.Internal.LoadedOrUnloadedOperation.DoWork()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendingCallbacks()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.OnResize()
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)"
![image|650x424]

Made a post in git hub hours ago to:
https://github.com/DynamoDS/Dynamo/issues/10401(upload://oILh9FkK4bvMDiljlvWGxaa9FxZ.jpeg)

The journals from Revit:
journal.0064.txt (682.6 KB)

Ps. Is important to note that it just crashes and closes if i have dynamo open. Other wise it just disconects for a while

What are you using for remote connection, I guess it’s windows’ builtin remote desktop (RDP)?

Try with another remote desktop software, teamviewer is a widely used alternative, tightvnc is a free and open source remote desktop built on top of the vnc protocol running smoothly on windows.

1 Like

Yes, I’m using Windows remote access … The problem is that this was the form of adoption decided by the company (and for security reasons, Vpn is also used for example). So it’s not such an easy thing to change

you should report this crash to the author of MonocleViewExtension. Also - please review your github issue, it contains very little information. Please update the stack trace there and any other info - you can just link this forum post as well. :slight_smile: thanks.
FYI I believe @john_pierson is the author.

1 Like

Hmm, I will have to try to take a look. More than likely, I will get an update out today that just removes the persistent alignment commands in the ribbon as those are becoming unpredictable.

1 Like

@luupieper, do you think you can update your monocle to this version,
And report back if it worked for you?

Thank you @Michael_Kirschner2 and @john_pierson! I will try to fill out the infos on gitHub better. @john_pierson , yes, I will update and report it here (I just don’t know if I’ll be able to do this today)

1 Like

@john_pierson I tested the new version and it works! Dynamo is still a few seconds unstable as soon as I reconnect the remote access, but soon it starts to work again. Thank you! :slight_smile:

2 Likes