Duct/Pipe Splitting with union

Hi,
I need to split duct. I got a dynamo script on this post Divide a duct .

1. The Script separates all the ducts from the connected fittings and I need to rejoin with all the fittings
  2. In manual modeI I cannot rerun the script on other element
  3. How do i set minimum and maximum split length of the duct

I’ve made a Screencast of my Problem
Screencast Of Problem

I do not know how do I take screenshot of such long script so I uploaded file instead
Erfajo_Ductsplit.dyn (74.2 KB)

Hi,
Thank you for replying Erfajo. My current level knowledge of dynamo doesn’t let me to manipulate curves/Geometry/Python/Designscript. But I believe this process could be way simplified by simply placing union at specific distance for eg.( minimum -300/maximum-1500) . Or maybe split at point command at specific distance.

1. Select the Duct Element
  2. Get Points at specific Distance ( Minimum / Maximum)
  3. Place Union Fittings / Split at Point command at the point

Is this possible in dynamo?

Please have a look at this screencast.

I tried with Mepfitting.byPointsAndCurve .
But-

1. Not getting Union Fittings on the 10% divided distance
  2. I need to define distance at 1400. But minimum should be 300
    Hope I’ll get some help here @erfajo , @T_Pover

Mepover_Duct_Union.dyn (6.3 KB)

1 Like

Thank you for replying.

1. I tried the solution . Maybe it was because of orchid package it is still problematic. Orchid package didn’t showed up in my dynamo ( only preliminary one showed up) . I tried to install the package and even manually copy pasted in support folder.

2. Instead of creating new elements and joining with fitting elements isn’t there a way to simply place union fittings / split command in the ducts? I got problem in all the fittings not only Elbows.

3. When I say minimum for example if the total duct length is 4100 mm then it would look something like this
    for( min 300 ,max 1400) ,(1400-1400-1000-300) . As Duct fabricator do not prefer to fabricate minimum than 300 in our case

Thank you for you help so far.

1. Ducts are still not connecting with elements. I’ve made a screencast of another situation.
    Duct Union Splitting

Erfajo_Duct.Split.dyn (81.1 KB)

1. Why is MEPFitting.ByPointsAndCurve not working for me?

After split duct, duct and fitting duct contact to each other but they are not connect.

1 Like

Same problem to me. Hoping someone give any solution :frowning:

Hi,
Ducts are still not joining. Even after using the latest script

I haved copied DuctJoinElements.py into C:\Program Files (x86)\IronPython 2.7\Lib. when i run dynamo, the error appears as shown below.

Hi,
I’m not sure if its the best way but here are two other options.
option%201

option%202

It worked. but there are still some unconnected segments as shown below

Thank you so much for your help so far.

1. If I connect there other fittings there are still lot of Disconnections. But I can live with that I think.
  2. Can you please so me the direction on adding Min /Max intelligence
  3. And Item Length to be
    Item Length = if ( or ( Duct Height >450 , Duct Width >450) , 1420 , 1500)

Thank you very much for your help so far.
elbow.bymepcurve of me don’t work, it is empty after run, can you help me.

@Sujan As I can see @erfajo has already given you a possible solution. Try to put some efforts in working with the help you are given by yourself to become familiar with dynamo.

@Hieudang96as Your missing margins input. Please read carefully how nodes you are using work, try to see the help provided in the node you are using.

@Sujan, @Hieudang96as
Instead of firing away questions towards people that may help you, try put some efforts in solving problems first by your self. This is not a “do my job” community. The community is driven by people who offer their knowledge voluntary in their spare time. Please respect that.

Cheers!

6 Likes

I’m having the same problem as @Sujan. I am using dynamo 2.0.1. Do not know if @erfajo can run without error? If you do not get bugs then I think by the dynamo version.
Thank you for your help.

Hi Guys,

I complete agree with @erfajo and @Kulkul little effort will take a long way, first check the dynamo version and check you have all packages that you need to run the graph. For beginners, take a graph and follow it with small inputs and study what each node is doing. I printed the graphs and followed it manually. Once you get your head around it, you can tweak it to suit your needs. my graphs run on 1.3.2 to 2.0.0.

1 Like

I have edited and it worked. @Sujan you need to edit “margin = 0” => “margin = 5” in python. But the branch is still unable to connect.

Hy @erfajo
very nice look your posting. Awesome :smiley:
I tried to follow your dynamo and download Orchid Package but my List.Clean different with you, please see pict. in below:

image This is from your post

image This from my dynamo

But the result still failed. :disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

I attached my Dyn. Files
please check friends.
Duct Splitting.dyn (23.2 KB)

@Harywijaya.2 this post i already solved. Start a new topic with all the previews and errors expanded. And also mention this post as reference.

2 Likes

@Kulkul okayy Sir, sorry still not understand with rules of this fourm
i’ve created new topic ^^