Dividing script?

Hello,

I’ve just made a script that’s writing data from excel to dynamo into Revit with a lot of help from some of you guys in here. The purpose with the script is to give all the elements in the model a given parameter from the excel sheet.

The thing is that the script is running pretty slow. Do you think I should divide the script into multible pieces like, one script for inner walls and another for outer walls and so on? Interesting to hear some thoughts about this.

Thanks,
Rickard

NS8360_5.dyn (1.7 MB)

What’s your end goal ? how is the data structured in the excel file ? depending on what are you distributing the data structure ? Please elaborate. I already see in your close up a repetition which i don’t know the reason for.

Test.xlsx (53.0 KB)

Hehe, thanks erfajo. I’m new to this so I’m thankful for all the help I can get! :slight_smile:

This is great help!

I’m going to give this a go and post the script again and see what you think.

Thanks alot!

NS8360_7.dyn (68.5 KB)

I had a look at the script and the list handling with your method makes much more sense!

I’ve added a new .dyn file. Is this a better way to add new wall types? In my mind this looks good. The script runs sooooo much faster now!

About the excel sheet I guess I just have to keep working. I probably need to learn more about transfering data effective :slight_smile:

Getting closer! :slight_smile:

This is so much better from where I started! This is try number 10 :slight_smile:

Big Thanks to erfajo for being so helpful! I’ve really learned alot!
NS8360_10.dyn (220.7 KB)

That’s actually beautiful… like for real! :slight_smile:

I can just say thank you again! Couldn’t have learn all this just browsing around.