Divide U V perimeter curves instead of geometry effort (surfaces)

Hi.
In terms to avoid geometry effort to divide a “surface” by U V parameters. Its possible to achieve that reading permiter curves and divide it by U V?
My goal is to short the time of the script execution.
Thanks.

uncheck preview :heavy_check_mark: from nodes wont achieve your requirement ?

That is the question i have. I dont know if unchecked geometry effort its the same if i work only with curves :slight_smile:

Can you provide an example? Not sure I understand what you’re after.

Hi @jacob.small.
Imagine (all regarding autoplace MEP elements in linked files):
-get linked ceilings (raybounce)
-getperimetercurves
-try to make a U V grids (for place sprinklers)
-place elements

My question regarding fast run proccess:
If i try to get the surfaces of the ceilings (unchecking preview) is the same time proccess that if i work only with perimter cuves and try to make the grids only with that?

My goal is to make the script the faster way.

Thanks in advance

Combining into a single line of design script or executing via Python is likely fastest. The method used will also matter. Isocurves by parameter is pretty quick, but may not work for your typical case.

Hard to help with no concrete example though.

Hi @jacob.small sorry i was so busy today.
Finally the problem with the script was the time to execute the familyinstance.bypoint node. As you said with simply code in python resolved the problem.
I just opened another post with a vector problem can you take a look? My goal is when an architect move a wall my families are non hosted. I want to read the nearest room boundarie find the normal vector compare if its the same as my element location and then project point in the new boundarie. Think is the best way?