Disconnect connected Fabrication Parts

Hi Everyone,

Is there a way to disconnect connected Fabrication parts? I need to disconnect and set the length to Auto if the length is 1400 and connect it back again.

Each FabricationPart has a ConnectorManager property which, in turn, has a Connectors property, which then has a DisconnectFrom method. The MEPover package has some nodes regarding connectors, but I’ve never used it myself, so I’m not sure if it’s possible to do what I mentioned only through nodes. I will do some testing tomorrow and get back to you.

1 Like

Have tried MEPover Package, as below

suggested by @ T_Pover for conduit run. I get null result for Connector.ConnectedConnectors.

I don’t know if I’m using the Connector.DisconnectFrom node entirely correctly, but it seems to be working for me:

disconnect.dyn (18.7 KB)

Right now, I’m just filtering the entire list of fabrication parts based on their length property (fittings do not have a length, so I replace all null values with false) and only disconnect the connectors for elements which evaluate to true.

1 Like

Hi @cgartland

That did the trick, now I can disconnect only selected elements which is what I wanted to achieve. Thanks you.

hi
how connect disconnect fabrication parts?

Hi @r_b_1366,

I found this python code in the dynamo forum long time back. This does the trick but you need to be careful. The way I got it to work was to isolate elements i want to connect in one run and then ran the graph. For example, if you have multiple duct runs with open ends it connects them all to a network .Connector test.dyn (13.3 KB)
Let me know how you go.