Creating Lists

HI all,

I have created a graph which will find all of teh “in-place” families in a project. I can the export these out to excel or csv, no issue there.
What i want to do is add the element id and category of the family as well.
Ideally in Excel, Column A = Family Type, Column B = Element ID, Column C = Category

For whatever reason i just cant get the lists to populate correctly. I have tried List join, List Create, adjusted the lacing etc etc.I have attached my graph if anyone would like to have a look and help me out?IN-PLACE FAMILIES_EXPORT.dyn (14.5 KB)

Could you post an image of your current script?

Sure can.
Please see attachedDynamo

There’s a couple of issues. First of all, if you want to get all the element id’s you should probably get all the elements before trying to get their id’s. Second, when using list join, list will “stack” on each other rather than creating two parallel lists (the inputs {a,b,c} and {1,2,3} will create the output: {a,b,c,1,2,3}) with list create it will actually result in two columns, one containting the elements, the other their id’s (a,b,c} and {1,2,3} will create the output: {{a,b,c},{1,2,3}} which might be transposed to {{a,1},{b,2},{c,3}})

Third, if you actually want to use that information, you should actually attach a line from the output of its node to get a use for it. Both the Element.GetCategory node and the List.Join node lead to nothing now.

General tip: try adding (a lot of) watch nodes to see what ends where.