Creating Floor Tile Layouts

Good day everyone,

I’m new to dynamo and so I’ve got very basic knowledge of the program, I’ve been trying to make the firm I work with adopt the program into our BIM Strategy…

Recently one of our Assistant Architects was told to create different tile layout options for a Particular Project, about 6 Different layouts…

He’s been struggling with that for a couple of days now with (AutoCAD) and I wanna help him out knowing Dynamo could do that in minutes or hours but like i said ive got just basic knowledge of dynamo and still improving gradually…

I’m asking the house if anyone could help out with a Guide/Process to achieve this…

This could also help in convincing the Office management to invest in learning computational design

Thank you all in advance…

It’s possible to split a slab into parts via a generated list of closed curves as one thing to try.

If you’re looking for a hatch that’s much more in depth due to the complexities of Revits hatch patterns.

I wouldn’t mind using this method if at the end I’ll be able to Assign Material or Pattern to each closed curve and also be able to change the layout of the close curves…

Like I said I’m still a beginner and would to be put through on how to get this done… I have Until Friday