Create Wall Finishes With Dynamo

I feel like it would be easier to address this directly from the window and door families. Maybe nest a void form around the mullions? Not sure if this can be solved through the script. We’re trying to do something that Revit was not meant to handle in the first place :slight_smile:

Just a question: does the script automatically join the walls when they’re only touching and not overlapping for you?

Thanks Dimitar & Viktor,

@ Dimitar, I have to fix door mullion family to get it work.

@ Viktor, Yes the script automatically join the walls.

That’s a really interesting post guys! Just a question:

Ok, I got the walls in one file, wich is linked to another “rooms” file. In that “rooms” file I can create the walls, ( we want the finishes in a different file), but the walls do not make the hole on the doors and windows as it does when I do it in the same model. Anyone knows if there’s a way to work with linked files and could do the finish walls with it’s windows and doors holes?

Thanks in advance! and merry christmas!

Thanks for sharing Dimitar. I am getting this error message "Warning: Internal error, please report: Dereferencing a non-pointer. (3f47aacd)"in “Geometry.ClosestPointTo” node,when i run your gra

ph

Hi all,

I am just about to try with the modelical package. Maybe it solves some issues?
http://blog.modelical.com/wall-finishes-by-room-modelical-package/

Hello fellas!
Is anyone else having issues with lunchbox room collector in 2017?
For me its returning null values!

Help?

Is there a way we can get this work when the rooms are in a linked model. We have the rooms in the Arch model and I have to do the finishes modeled in the Interior design model. Any ideas.

I have tired using the get doc nodes to get rooms and stuff but dint work. I also tried the modelical node but no luck. Any ideas?

I would start a new thread, link to this one, and post a screenshot of what you have tried.