Create Beams using Grid and Suface

Reason i think the Point.Project isn’t working is because all the Z values have stayed ‘0’ and no points have projected onto the sphere

I realise I need to change the last node, at which i’m also stuck, I’m thinking either a node that uses points to insert beams, or create line/curves between all the points and turn them into beams, both of which i’m struggling to do.

I found what i was doing wrong, with a fresh head, got it working pretty quick, by using the explode.geometry on the sphere and taking out the reverse vector on the projection, i got the points projecting onto the sphere, i’ve tried a couple of nodes to get the linework, and all i’m struggling with now is getting the lines/points to join in the correct pattern, i’m playing with 2 different nodes and switching the lacing but i’m not getting it. any chance of a hint?
Thanks

asking for better clarification, why you are using spere if you don’t want curved frames.

The Sphere sets out the Beam end point Z value.

so the grids setout the beams in plan, and the Sphere sets out the heights of the beam end points.

Should look similar to this (this images was grabbed from a thread “Parametric Dome”) very similar in many ways to mine, but also very different and much more complex

Try LunchBox – PROVING GROUND package.

Use the triangle grid and project the individual triangles on the sphere.

You need use Shift indices node