Combine two lists/Assign information from excel to a particular unit

Hi all the great smart people here!

I’m totally new in Dynamo and I got stuck at one place.

The idea of the script is to assign individual data from excel to particular VAV unit. (I read some similar topics but still didn’t find a solution)

How I did it so far and how I imagine it… I got list from excel (in the bottom) and I found my VAV units in the project (in the top). Now I got two lists and the only thing that is common for both is “room number”. So I want to compare this two list and combine them based on the fact that they share the same room number. After I got this combined list, I want to assign missed information to particular VAV (as instance parameter) because I will know the location… Is it possible? Am I on the right way or there is the better solution from the beginning?

If my idea will work, I would like to know how to combine two list that I have now.

Thank you,
Anastasia.

I think you need to filterbyboolmask with cross lacing

@yeuthantoc Thank you for suggestion. I read about that, but I didn’t understand how to apply it in my case and how it would create new combined list. Could you explain a little bit more about it?

@anastasia.ponomareva I suggest you watch this video from AU, and use the additional material to help.

You may also want to use the “sort by” nodes. You should be able to then sort both lists by room number/name.

https://www.autodesk.com/autodesk-university/class/Mechanical-Dynamo-Smorgasbord-Preliminary-Equipment-Sizing-Dynamo-Revit-2018

You have a few options but these are the two I would recommend:

1. Use a dictionary. Create a dictionary with the room names from Excel and the rest of the values you want to set. Use your list of Revit VAV boxes to get the parameter values from the dictionary.

2. Compare the list of Excel room names with the VAV box room names and return the index of each matching value from Excel. That should let you get the Excel parameter values from the same index.

You should be able to find multiple examples of these options in the forum. Give them a try and see if you run into any specific issues.