I am getting stuck with the String.Replace Node and not really sure why.
I am trying to use Dynamo to convert an Imperial Template to a Metric one.
There are some name in the View Template I would like to change, for example : Architectural Plan_1/4" to be Architectural Plan_1/50. At the same time, I also want to round up the Scale from 48 to 50.
I am pull out the view templates using Archilab packages, then use String.Replace to replace 1/4" to 1/50 then use Element.Setname from Clockworks, but somehow it did not work.
Also not sure how to change the scale to match the View Template ?
Help please !
Welcome to the Dynamo Community.
Try using String.ReplaceMultiple from Clockwork package
Thanks Amol. I did tried it before. Did not work. What version of Dynamo/ Clockworks you are using ?
I am on dynamo 2.0.3 and Clockwork 2.3
I’m using the same versions as well.
If that didn’t work, try this Python approach:
if isinstance(item, list):
out = 
strings = toList(IN)
searchList = toList(IN)
replaceList = toList(IN)
if len(searchList) == len(replaceList):
for string in strings:
flag = True
for search,replace in zip(searchList,replaceList):
if search in string:
newString = string.replace(search,replace)
flag = False
out = "Search & Replace List lengths don't match"
OUT = out
Thanks Amol. I was back from vacation. Will take a look the Python and let you know. Cheers mate.
hey Amol thanks for your help. I tried the Phython too. Turned out the input with String doesnt work, I have to use Code Block node. A bit weird. Any way it working now.
Also got the scale update as well…Thanks Dynamo community. Saving time is about 3 hours each new project we convert from imperial to metric.