Can't create a appearance material

I am trying to set an appearance material with the same color as the graphics material, there are nodes for it from clockwork and genius logic, but i can’t figure out how to get it working… missing something officious.

Hi @Arno_De_Lange,

Here is a corrected version of your graph :

It could be easier like this (the last two nodes) :

thank you for your quick responce

setting it up the same…but getting the NULL…

and copying default…gives a NULL as well

Which version of Revit do you use ?
It will work only in Revit 2018.1 and later.

2019.2 dynamo 1.3.4.6666

Can you upload your graph and a sample Revit file ?

kozijn_generator.rfa (2.9 MB)
kozijngenerator.dyn (327.5 KB)

It is a work in progress…making windows from lines…

I just made a very simple test with your kozijn_generator.rfa file and the Genius Loci custom nodes work fine.

I can’t speak for your python script that creates the materials.
Try first with the existing materials in your family.

strange if i setup a new test, same as you it works… will investigate some more…nodes work

thank you

the problem was that i was making a material…and Revit was probably still writing the data at the moment that i wanted to adress that data to make the appearance material…
So i made a wait for…then read all the materials again en select the newly made material…then it works fine.

will have a look this week

Agreed. I went through a similar struggle with a Revit plugin for a client. This AU2017 class was very helpful to me,

always move forward…

1 Like

The exe from the github, are not installing the dyf files…do you also have a normal zip…

in 2.0 it makes the folder but no data, there are files in the bin and extra folder…

for 1.3 it isn’t even creating the dyf folder

Zerotouch means no dyf’s, just dll

1 Like

got it…wasn’t looking carefull enough…
first impressing is very good…

The AU Class I linked to is an overall demonstration of the new materials API introduced in Revit 2018.1, not just the visual appearance. :slight_smile:

Oh wow. That stinks. This was released with Revit 2018.1 and they are deprecating it? Do you have a link to something that discusses this?

This is what I had found: https://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2017/08/revit-20181-and-the-visual-materials-api.html

Hello, I try to change appearance color but 1) I cannot find last node in genius loci, 2) last two of them are null, and I am trying to number 41 and 92 just two material not 51.can you give me advice? Thank you in advance

Hi Minyoung Chung,

Welcome to the Dynamo Forum !
Next time please start a new topic.
If you are not yet comfortable with DesignScript, use nodes instead.
(List.GetItemAtIndex and List.Join nodes)