Can Dynamo pull data from a calculate value parameter?

Hello,

I believe the reason my script is pulling some data, but not other data is because it is a “calculated value” in a revit schedule. Can you confirm that Dynamo cannot pull a calculated value parameter’s data? This seems odd to me, but just want to confirm. Thanks!

-Bill

Dynamo uses Revit API so yes it can be done. Look for SteamNodes in package manager. I did a node for this. Find references in my blog from here: https://aecuandme.wordpress.com/2014/11/07/steamnodes-for-dynamo/

and here:

Have fun.

Hello Julien,

Thank you for your Steamnodes package. Will this allow manipulation to calculated grand totals from schedules? It is necessary to take one grand total of a calculated parameter and subtract from another grand total.

Thank you

Thank you Julien!

Julien,

Thanks for forwarding. Is the formatting correct on this? I’m getting null values.

2015-01-14_17-47-53

look at your String input, this is not a string; should be “occ load”.

Thanks for the reply Julien. I don’t follow. The “Schedule.Get Calculated Values” component is or is not looking for a string input for “Calc. Val. Name (string)”? I have the string inputted, and tried changing to the same syntax you typed all lowercase “occ load”. I still can’t get it to work. However since upgrading do 7.5 I am getting “empty list” now in lieu of null values. However, note I do have values. See below

Bill,

Here is how i was able to achieve what your looking for. Try using the “code block” node, i always seem to have better results. For some reason it extracted an extra value blank so i had to remove it from the list. The best way i know to add all values of a list together is used Lunchbox tool “Mass Addition” for this you have to convert your area to a Number via String then back to number. Let me know if you find an easier workflow

Thanks,

William

2015-01-16_18-45-12

Looking at your screen shot, it appears the Occ Load parameter is in a grouped header. I predict if you ungroup the header, the node will work. I recognize this is a very old topic, but the node is still available and perhaps the original author can figure out a way to make it work with grouped headers.