Camber Feedback Thread

Great explanation, makes perfect sense!
Thanks, again.

An observation, more than a question…

It seems that the Document.SendCommand node needs to be placed dead last in the order of operations in a graph, otherwise the executions get jumbled once the data is released back to the host/Civil3D/AutoCAD.

I’ve found that I can use WaitFor/PassThrough code blocks to control the order of operations to set the command line operations dead last. So, it can be managed.

My guess is that the operations from Dynamo nodes are accesing the host via API while simultaneously competing with the command line inputs and this competition for the host’s attention is leading to aborted/incomplete operations if the graph has parralel operations within it…big emphasis on guess.

That’s a good way to do it! What you described is called a race condition in programming terminology. The one thing I would clarify is that sending commands doesn’t necessarily have to be the last operation so long as you control the sequence of events using gates (e.g. the WaitFor/Passthrough code blocks).

1 Like

Hi @mzjensen ,

Is there any way to retrieve the name of the Paper space(s) when working with External Documents?
(and perhaps even change them)

1 Like

Not yet! But I’ve added it to the to-do list for the next release.

2 Likes

Very nice! Would love to help out.
I’ll check your GitHub page and public code a bit more thorough soon :slight_smile:

It will be great & so helpful if you really can add nodes for (first) creating pressure pipe runs for multiple objects at once and (second) creating pipe run new profile views for also multiple pipe runs at once from given point in modelspace while giving the option to set the horizontal offset between each profile view.

Thank you a lot for developing Camber package which helps us a lot and gave us the opportunity to ease out our daily pressure and pipe networks routines.

Hi @Ahmed.Kamal.Moussa,

Sorry for the delayed response - I was out on vacation.

I’m planning to include more nodes for Pressure Pipe Runs in the next release of Camber, so I will look into these items as well. Thanks for posting!

1 Like

Hi @mzjensen ,

Are there any plans to also implement the Document.SystemVariable node functionality for ExternalDocuments?

Hello @mzjensen ,

in the Pipe Material form part properties post we were talking about the properties of the pressure parts defined in the Content Catalog Editor.

Related to that, when you have time, please check this isue with the PressurePart.Connections node:

This node appears to return a list with a missing element, for example a valve or elbow or reducer should have 2 connection points (but only one is shown), a branch tee should have 3 connection points (but only 2 are shown) , a hydrant should have 1 connection point (but an empty list is shown), etc.

Here’s an example for you to review.

Puntos de conexión.dwg (1.4 MB)
puntos de conexión.dyn (22.8 KB)

If I can help you with something, let me know :+1: :+1: :+1:

I’ll look into it! Thanks for reporting.

Sure, I’ll see what I can do.

Camber v3.0.0 is live! This is another substantial update, so I won’t cover everything in this post. Here are the highlights:

• Pressure Pipe Runs
  • Corridor Surfaces
  • Toolspace Folders
  • Layouts
  • Dimensions
  • Intersections
  • External Layers
  • Text

I’ll follow-up with more specific posts soon. In the meantime, here are the full release notes. Give it a try and let me know what you think!

11 Likes

Looks impressive! :+1:

Awesome!

This is possible in v3.0.0.

@Daan - see the new nodes in v3.0.0.

@Drbohlav - this is possible in v3.0.0.

sampleLineGroup

1 Like

Good catch @francolaca. This is fixed in v.3.0.0.

Hi @mzjensen, congratulations for your great contribution :+1: :+1: :+1:. Downloading right now