[Request for Feedback] Dynamo Package External Dependency Filter

Revit, Civil 3D and Alias have categories. Formit does not (yet - I’ll add it this afternoon). Thanks for the catch.

FormIt and Advance Steel added :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For people who are still watching this thread, I have updated the picture in the description because our prototype is in a good shape. My next step is that I will try to implement what @maciej.wypych and @Mark.Ackerley illustrated and report back. @Michael_Kirschner2 and I strongly believe having both options would be a good combo of all purposed browsing and filtering.

5 Likes

Hi folks, how do you think about the latest version (see new gif in the description)? I think currently all the keywords (tags) are displayed already when you click the package for the expanded detailed mode, that’s why I only put the host but not all the keywords right next to the package name hoping this would be another way to illustrate host dependency. Let me know if you have any thoughts about this flow.

3 Likes

Seems good enough, though does it work with already existing packages and if not is there a way someone could add the right categories to there package without a re-upload?

1 Like

good job, i like the idea to have a tag in each package, and i suggest to expand these tag target to have what discipline this package serve, common, arch, geometry, mechanical & electrical … etc. it would be so helpful.

1 Like

Thank you for bring this up, this is indeed a challenge. Our team had a plan to apply hosts based on description and key words, but we soon realize that it probably will not be accurate enough. We are brain storming potentially more robust solutions already, stay tuned.

1 Like