[Request for Feedback] Docking Python Editor

Indeed, monaco-editor is pretty cool as an alternative. I think they come with themes built-in?

1 Like

hi @Aaron_Tang,
Good day. Dynamo built-in default theme is OK, i think. But for python editor, at least, should includes preferences setting for font size, colors and themes … Cheers!

1 Like

Hi, this looks great

Im not sure if possible yet, but can run another python node (from exterior python app) helping to link packages or enviroments related to python that is not available in python dynamo at the moment.

Nice development

1 Like

If you guys pull this off…

5 Likes

Dates Never Lie

And also Updates should be direct within dynamo and not having to go figure out if a new version is available myself in the dynamo package website

2 Likes

i like the idea, this is good so list all the warnings and errors at the opening of the script, appreciated your efforts :+1:

3 Likes

I haven’t checked it but it seems to be a very useful feature. However I am not sure this is a right place to say, dynamo cannot handle some most useful libraries such as Numpy and Pandas. This is due to limitations of IronPython. By any chance, do you know of any plans to address this issue?

Hello @sobhan.kouhestani - We do have active work (No date promise though I’m afraid!) to update the Python node inside of Dynamo to support Python3 and all of the associated coolness (Pandas, NumPy, SciPy etc.) :slight_smile:

15 Likes

That’s awesome. Looking forward to it.:+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

don’t talk just do!!! :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Any chance of getting RevitAPI auto-complete into the editor than as well?

6 Likes

Hello @Bjorn_Keulemans1 - there is already Autocomplete in the editor courtesy of @Dimitar_Venkov’s awesome PR :slight_smile: that @Keith_Alfaro implemented.

This was added in Dynamo 2.2 - you can have a look here: https://github.com/DynamoDS/Dynamo/pull/9402

If you are working in Revit then this is accessible from Revit2020.1 onwards.

7 Likes

Wow, was unaware of that. Will take a look right away.

1 Like

It’s much much better than the previous implementation :slight_smile: So a bit shout-out to Dimitar on this one!

2 Likes

Hi all,

For ppl still interested in this thread. Our team has finally made this feature available in Dynamo 2.19 release and forward, if you have feedback on what additionally you would like to see it happening in the related area, let us know!

1 Like

The dockable Python pane persists between the custom node and the home workspace, which is cool.

But, there is an issue if the node is closed. Thankfully the graph doesn’t crash, but you can “make changes” that will be lost.
20230510-pythonDock

1 Like

Also, if docked was the “last state”, you are unable to choose the engine until you undock it again.

1 Like

Last one for now. But, selecting the IronPython3 engine (From the package manager) does not actually change it?

that last one seems like a bug with the package / dynamic python engines in general - or do you think it’s somehow related to the docking functionality?

If you can repro please create an issue in this repo:

2 Likes

Will do! I mostly just noticed it while testing the new version so it might not be related.