CADTextData.OriginPoint returns incorrect coordinates for some points

Please let me thank you first on this greatpackage, that I am discovering day by day.
My goal is to adjust an already made toposurface in Revit reading the CAD data,
precisely the text note that reports elevations and than edit the surface corresponding points to these heights.
Revit 2019, Dynamo 2.04, Bimorph 3.03
Unfortunately it seems certain CADTEXT origin point does not match the actual coordinates as they are in the CAD. Below the script. The cad is selected, (it is linked but it had the same result when I tried with imported)

The actual points that are displaced are highlighted in yellow here

The definition returns coordinate elsewhere.

I came along with a problem on the CADTextData.OriginPoint node I cannot solve by myself.
I tried to redraw the CAD data to see if that where the problem was, no lucky with that.
The issue remains.
I checked this previous thread here,
It is a different problem not sure if anybody has already encountered.
Any hints would be appreciated.

It might be mirrored blocks with nested blocks which have also been mirrored. These kinds of scenarios are difficult to resolve as there is nothing in the .netDXF library which evaluates this (its the library BimorphNodes uses to convert text from a CAD file as its not possible via the RevitAPI) so approximations are use.

A simple fix: create a copy of your DWG, explode all blocks and then try. Are the results different?

Upload your DWG and I’ll investigate nonetheless.

1 Like

Thanks. We found that the survey point and project base point where there are in different positions gave origin to the misplacing of those Text points, randomly

Hello, i have the same problem that if survey point is away from project base point the node CADTextData.OriginPoint is returning incorrect coordinates.
How did you solve your issue ?
@Thomas_Mahon do you think you could check it if i will give you example files for recreation of the problem ?

@matej can you share an empty Revit file and your CAD file linked to demonstrate the problem?

Hi @Thomas_Mahon here i attach example files.

sample file.rvt (5.1 MB)
3NP.dwg (128.8 KB)

Hi @matej thanks for sharing the files. This was a bug and is fixed in BimorphNodes 4.2.0 available on the package manager.

Hi @Thomas_Mahon I tried you new version, now it reports correct x and y coordinates, but z coordinate is wrong. It reports the survey point plane as z value, not the plane the dwg. file is placed at (level one). When linking the dwg. file i used “current view only” checkbox.

z values

What a minefield! Its a bug with view-dependent imports. If its in a 3D view there’s no problem hence it was working all fine when I tested! Its fixed in v4.2.1 on the package manager.

@Thomas_Mahon thank you very much ! Now it works well.
And as i have you here, maybe you could also check the node CADTextData.TextValue ? It is incorrectly parsing the text from cad when there is subscript in the text. I was able to find workaround, but if you could check it, it would simplify my script a lot :slight_smile:
See the images (files are the same as before)

That’s a limitation in the DXF file format used for text parsing and I cant do anything about that unfortunately.

Well then thank you very much for your package.