Automatic access collision nodes

hello everybody
Does anyone know how to use the dynamo automatically capture collision check images.focus on the automatic acquisition Collision pictures

Thank you for any idea

Hello, could you send your screenshots or any reference you are thinking about?

Start in model checking and clash detection software (like Solibri, Navisworks or BIMsight) and lookup issues in BIM modeling tools like ARCHICAD, Revit and Tekla Structures. Review solutions, follow mark-ups, or provide feedback.

I don’t recommend doing this in Dynamo at all… There are free tools on the market that suits this needs and with a better user interface. just my two cents.

http://bcfier.com/

https://apps.autodesk.com/RVT/en/Detail/Index?id=509340398633465031

There is also this video, in case you want to dig in: SFDUG Oct 2015 - Getting Navis Dynaworking! Introduction for Dynamo Use using Navisworks

1 Like

You’re a genius

thank you very much

Another example:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/screencast/Main/Details/9cfe3fad-3432-4d07-9110-c4a14a7af2c4.html

I don’t use navisworks in my daily routine, but i found this online and it inspired me to produce a similar workflow:

I found rebuilding geometries and cross checking them against each other in Dynamo VERY time consuming (in fact I never let it finish on my actual project as I got frustrated) so I tried Revit’s “Interference Check” tool to generate an HTML formatted report of clashes. I then used dynamo to isolate the element IDs and various selection nodes (many from Archilab - thanks as always @Konrad_K_Sobon) to place families which have the same shape as the clash, with a customized subcategory for each type of clash (steel to architecture, steel to HVAC, HVAC to architecture, etc). Element IDs are sent to a .txt file and the subcategories then get a dashed red pen weight 14 line type in my object style.

I can then open the text file and use select by ID and the built in 3D selection box tool to quickly run through the clashes and add notes as needed to the comments field for each of the generated clash families. This can then be used to generate a schedule that can be filtered based on what was written in the comment (ie: contains: Mech) so when we meet with the structural engineer we can discuss the specific instances which apply only to him.

The real beauty of dynamo isn’t that it’s always the nicest UI, but that due to it’s open nature users are able to modify workflows/routines to meet the needs of varying situations. It’s extremely flexible as it’s really only limited by the API, your imagination and creativity. Where there is a will, there is a way so to speak. Plug-ins on the other hand, while extremely useful, don’t offer that level of flexibility (often they offer no flexibility at all), and are not always an option (ie: change job/office, new computer/revit version, can’t afford the new version, etc).

Just to mention it, here is an interesting screencast of an AU 2016 class over this topic (first half of the video), with a substantial handout and some additional material: