"All Elements of Subcategory"

Couldn’t find mention of it on the interwebs, but is there a…

“All Elements of Subcategory”

…node out there? Where you can select all the elements per a specific subcategory?

?

1 Like

Note that Orchid is the new package name, and that DanEDU is deprecated.

Thanks Guys…

Downloaded Orchid, but still doesn’t find elements…

2018-07-02_12-46-50_Revit

I think that node is meant to be run in a family document. Are you by any chance running it in a project document?

As far as I know you can’t select individual subcategories if you’re not editing the family.
If you want to control visibility of the subcategories, you can check out this video https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/screencast/Main/Details/9cafa44e-e74a-4acf-bf52-d3a3212d248e.html.
You can also get inspired from that script if you want to control the elements that include particular subcategories.

@Andreas_Dieckmann Yes, was running it in the project doc.

Greetings everyone. I realize this is a little old, but hopefully, not too much because I could use some guidance. The last few posts of this topic pretty much took the wind out of my sail. I have been self-learning Dynamo, tucking away the feeling of being intimidated by anything code-related.

I apologize in advance for the lack of any screenshots as I didn’t know until a few moments ago that I would be diving into the forums. My project is to create and correctly place clearance zones on top of all cable trays and fittings: 12"H x (width of tray) x (length of tray). The clearance zone is formed from a line-based family, which gives the common denominator of all elements involved - the subcategory: center line. I didn’t know until after readings this topic that what I wanted from a subcategory might only be possible in the family editor? Very bad news as I trail back to the drawing board, or at least do some more research on this.

A) Is this correct in what I get out of what’s been said here?

B) Would anyone have a direction they can point me? I fell better about the end result when I do the labor/legwork necessary. So please try not to paste in a usable script or anything like that. IU learn easier when I do it also. I merely seek information or where I might find it.

and C) Should I abandon my search here and seek newer conversations? I am a noob when it comes to the forums, so bear with me. :upside_down_face: