Add Shared parameters to some families (Orchid package)

Hi erfajo,
i have a problem with your nodes, please see attached image,
i have download your packaged but is still not working
thanks for your help

it looks like the file is missing. i have downloaded form your website the latest info… and it is still nor working.
any advise??
regards

fixed!! thanks

i cant understand the warning… could you help @erfajo??
i want do add the parameter in the froup “DATA”
Regards

@erfajo so how do i add the rest of the information?
does not the node take the information from the txt file?

@erfajo lets say that i want two cases, add only one parameter to som families in a folder, path added in “directory path”, i have deleted the “brackets” and i have only add “a” and i still have the same warnings (picture attached)

if i want to add some parameters in some families, do i have to add {a} ??

please, see attached files
test.txt (548 Bytes)
Plenum.rfa (336 KB)
Add Share Parameter test.dyn (8.9 KB)

@erfajo thanks for you help, but unfortunately i still have the same problem.
have you tried in your computer?
it is weird, but something is wrong and i dont know what

Hi Erik. Thank you for creating this routine and your Orchid nodes package. I was just wondering if the FamilyDocument.AddSharedParameter node could incorporate an Input using the same line of thought for the Tool Tips. We know that once a shared parameter is created, there is no way editing them to incorporate the Tool Tips. I know that in Revit 2018 when they are brought into a new project one can do it but not in the previous versions. Is that possible? Please! I thank you beforehand for your help and attention.

What are the steps need to be taken if i want to use this script and Ochrid nodes to ad shared parameter to an open family? So I don’t want to point the input to a folder. And where do I feed my Shared Parameter txt file in?

I’m struggling with the addParameter Node.

I’ve got for ex. 8 Revit families. Families 1 needs 6 parameters, fam 2 needs 9 parameters etc. etc

I’ve created dictionaries, and see 8 sub lists. When I connect these list to the addparameter node, it runs like it should. The thing I’m struggling with at this moment is the lacing. At this moment I get all parameters with it’s according type in all the families. That’s too much. When I adjust the lacing I get the expected parameters in all the families only with the first “Type” from my “Type List” in this case a Text Type. Can anyone point me in the right direction.
Thnx , Jordi

1 Like

Couldn’t upload the second image:

Hi everyone,

I create a script with the indication of @erfajo but I dosen’t run. I attached the screenshot of my script. I create a shared parameter and I want to add it but I don’t undestand why I can’t.

Thanks!

Chose Parameter Type from “Parameter Types” node. I don’t know which one is for “Dimensioni” but you should find it

Now, if I use “Number” it run.
Do know how I can modify parameter’s value when I insert in?

Thanks

After you add it in you can use “SetParameter by Name and Value” You should select elements and then modify parameters’ value.

But I have a “orchid document” and for this package I need “element/string”. If I convert from orchid document to string can I modify the parameters?

You can’t add a parameter and at the same time assign its value. After the parameter has been added, select the elements (not families) which suppose to have that new parameters.

1 Like

Now I have another problem. As you can see I select correct parameter, but the node give me an error. How can I resolve it?

Thanks

Hello @filippo.costantin , how are you?

I’m having the same problem. I attached a print and my files. If anyone has any idea how to deal with this problem please let me know! Thank you very much in advance
INSERIR PARÂMETROS COMPARTILHADOS EM FAMILIAS (por busca).dyn (78.2 KB) TABELA BASE PARA INSERÇÃO DE PARAMETROS.xlsx (11.0 KB)