Add Filter to View Template

Hi all,

After researching the forum and on the web, I can’t seem to find a way to add a newly created filter to a View Template. Is this a limitation of the API?

I was wondering whether is possible a workaround: Create View Template from View (where previously all the graphics setings and filters have been applied).

Also, thanks a lot to @Konrad_K_Sobon for the archi-lab package (especially all the nodes regarding the creation of Filters).

View Templates are Views so you can just add View Filters to them the same way you would add one to a Floor Plan:

9 Likes

Thanks @Konrad_K_Sobon, now it makes perfect sense.

I am upgrading the office template and I wanted to have all the filters and view templates built-in.

It was especially frustrating not being able to create Worksets in the template. However, with your nodes my problem of filtering by Workset is over.

Again, thanks heaps for your help.

Can you please post the Dynamo file for this?
Thanks you.

That image about is pretty easy to re-create. I am sorry I don’t have the file. I usually create one to respond and never actually save them.

3 Likes

I am trying to re-create this, what nodes are ViewFilter.Create Filter and ViewFilter.CreateFilter? i cannot find them in my packages?

I believe these are Archi.Lab nodes. You need to download the package.

i have archi labs installed…but i still cannot find the ViewFilter.Create Filter and ViewFilter.CreateFilter.

Hi @Konrad_K_Sobon,

When I use 3d view it work with no error
But when I use 3d view template, it dont work

How can I solve it?

Thank you.